Your Weekly List at a Glance:
- A battery-powered radio with extra batteries to receive emergency information
- Flashlights or batter-powered lanterns with extra batteries- don’t use candles as they pose a serious fire risk.
- Water to last three days. At least one gallon per person, per day, for drinking and sanitation. Start with one gallon this week.
Start with these items that our local emergency responders consider most critical to getting you through the first 72 hours until basic services may be restored.
Tips for Week One:
- Don’t be overwhelmed by a huge list of items. We’ve identified the most important ones. Just buy a few items each week for seven weeks, and you’ll be prepared for the most likely emergencies.
- Commercially bottled water is recommended to ensure safety. Replace before “use by” date expires