Back to week 1
Your Weekly List at a Glance:
- Manual can opener
- First Aid kit- This should include gauze, bandages, tweezers, scissors, and antiseptic ointment
- Airtight bags, storage containers and a permanent marker
- Extra prescription medications, and glasses or contact lens solution
- Bring home another gallon of water
- Non-perishable food- start with a few cans of meat, fruits, peanut butter and crackers
- Plastic sheeting, tarp, and duct tape
Even if you have supplies throughout your house, it’s important to keep an emergency supply kit in a designated place in case you have to leave your home quickly.
Tips for Week Two:
- Consider having at least two emergency supply kits – one at home and one in your vehicle.
- Rotate your stock of food, water, medicines and betteries every six months to ensure freshness.
1. Find 3 neighbors that you can call on in an emergency.