Your Weekly List at a Glance:
- Dust filter masks
- Whistle to signal for help
- Finish buying water- at least one gallon per person, per day
- Cash and important family documents- copies of credit cards, insurance policies and deeds. consider a water/fire proof container in your “go bag”
- Regular household bleach, unscented and an eye dropper- 16 drops to disinfect one gallon of water
- Juice- single serve size is best since you may not have refrigeration
- Nutrition/ high energy bars
Plan and discuss how you will escape your home in case of fire or a sudden emergency.
Tips for Week Three:
- Tap water may need to be purified with bleach following a disaster.
- Plan to have at least one can of meat or main entree´ for each family member per day.
- Select two places to meet with your family after an emergency or disaster-one near your home and the other outside of your neighborhood in case it’s not safe to return.
1. Create your Evacuation Plan to get out of your house but also find out what the appropriate Evacuation Route is in your area.
Source: Baltimore County Health Department Caring About Preparing program.