- Small tool kit
- Signal flares
- Insect repellent
- Granola or dry cereal
- Food and extra water for pets
- Fire extinguisher
Tips for Week 7
- Include pets in your plan. The Humane Society has pet preparedness tips for your pets.
- Take your “go bag” along on vacation.
1. If you have pets, plan for how to take care of them in a disaster.
2. Review everything you have gotten together for your Family Disaster Plan with your family. Ensure all members are comfortable with it.
You now have a basic 72-hour home emergency preparedness kit. Practice your family plan and look for more information on our web site.