Health Department Environmental Health Water Quality Services
- Issue well permits.
- Inspect water wells during construction.
- Collects water samples for new, replacement, and existing wells.
- Issue Use and Occupancy Permits (U&O’s) for properties with private drinking water wells.
- Issue Certificate of Potabilities (COP’s) for new and replacement wells.
- Provide information on well water supplies.
- Respond to citizens’ complaints about well water supplies.
- Inspect well abandonments.
- Maintain a database of permitted water wells in Harford County.
- Maintain a GIS database and hard files of environmental concern sites.
- Maintain a list of well drillers that work in Harford County.
- Maintain a list of State Certified Water Sample Laboratories that work in Harford County.
Private Well Class- Free online training for homeowners with water wells