An environmental concern is defined as anything that poses a potential risk to the quality of the groundwater in Harford County and to the health of individuals drinking from the groundwater.
Environmental concerns include the following:
1. Fuel Storage Tanks – underground or above ground tanks that contain gasoline, diesel fuel, heating oil, or waste oil. Click here for more information.
2. Landfills/Dumps – areas in Harford County where solid waste is disposed, including landfills, rubble fills, illegal dumps, and farm dumps. Click here for more information.
3. Sludge Sites – agricultural properties in the county where sewage sludge is applied for the fertilization of crops. Click here for more information.
4. Salt Storage – areas in the county where salt is stored for use on roads during inclement weather. Click here for more information.
5. Pesticide Storage – businesses that store and sell pesticides for agricultural use. Click here for more information.