What Services Are Provided?
The Vector Control Program responds to citizen complaints involving insects and
rodents, and works with local neighborhood associations to assure public health
and safety regarding vector issues. Educational materials are available upon
How Can I Prevent Rodent Infestations In My Neighborhood?
- Place garbage within metal or plastic containers with tight fitting lids.
- Remove fecal matter deposited by pets on a daily basis.
- Clean up spilled pet food and bring containers of food and water indoors
immediately after feeding.
- Remove accumulated debris from under decks, stairways, etc.
- Keep brush/weeds cut low and remove any litter which collects along
fences and shrubbery.
- Elevate wood piles 12-18 inches above ground level.
- Cut and remove debris from vegetable gardens and remove dead brush
- Seal any openings under walkways and landings which have been created
through settling of the ground.
- Do not overfill bird feeders.
- Eliminate sources of standing/stagnant water.